Committed to saving water this Earth Month? We’ve got you covered. Here are some simple water saving tips to help you save both indoors and out:
- Fix your leaks! While we know Fix a Leak Week was last month, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be keeping your eye out for leaky fixtures. Small household leaks can add up to gallons of wasted water a day.
- Shower Better – Showers use less water than baths, as long as you keep an eye on how long you’ve been lathering up. You also may want to consider replacing old showered with a WaterSense labeled model to save on water, energy, and money.
- Clean Better – When doing the dishes by hand, plug up the sink or use a wash basin. If you decide to run the dishwasher, make sure its FULLY loaded first. While you’re at it, scrape that plate instead of rinsing before placing in the dishwasher.
- Create a Water-Smart Landscape – Of the estimated 29 billion gallons of water used daily by households in the United States, nearly 9 billion gallons, or 30 percent, is devoted to outdoor water use. By creating a water-smart landscape you’ll create a yard that is both beautiful and efficient, giving your home some extra curb appeal.
- Ditch the Hose – Sweep driveways, sidewalks, and steps instead of hosing them off. Also wash your car with water from a bucket instead of leaving the hose running.
Spot some leaks or have questions about your home’s plumbing, feel free to give the experts at Patterson Plumbing & Heating a call! Our technicians provide the highest level of service and technical excellence: 719-544-4922. Don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more updates and industry news.