Are you looking for a change? Thinking about selling your home? Research suggests that kitchens and bathrooms are two of the best rooms to invest in if you’re looking to make improvements or make more money when you sell. Check out these tips on how to update your bathroom without breaking the bank:
- Paint your bathroom: Re-painting your bathroom is a quick and inexpensive fix if you’re looking for a change. Painting can brighten the room or change the mood to make other fixtures pop!
- Update accessories: If you haven’t made any changes recently, updating your accessories could do the trick. Consider updating to a new and improved bathroom mirror as a way to complement other fixtures while still including your personality into the design. Choose between a framed mirror to fit over your bathroom vanity or even build your own!
- Update your bathroom fixtures: Although bathroom hardware can be replaced at a low cost, they have the potential to really make your bathroom stand out. While they may be simple, decisions like choosing between a free-standing or mounted towel rack could make all the difference in how you and guests perceive the room.
- Update your vanity: Updating your vanity may be the way to go if you’re looking to completely transform your whole bathroom. If your shower or bathtub isn’t in need of fixing, updating your cabinetry or countertops may be the exact update you’re looking for.
- Replace your light fixtures: Small bathrooms usually don’t get that much natural light, which makes your light fixtures extremely important. No matter what mood you’re going for, your bathroom should always give off as much light as possible to aid you in your daily tasks.
- Buy new bathroom linens: If you’re using the same bathmat and shower curtain from your last update, it’s time to get new ones! Towels and bathroom linens should be changed often, especially if your home is humid and prone to mold and mildew. Changing your linens is also an easy way to spice up the room with different colors and patterns.
- Add vintage or re-purposed storage: Most bathrooms are lacking storage, but if space allows, add a vintage shelf or a wire basket to store everyday items like towels and soaps.
Deciding on how to update your bathroom can be a difficult task, especially if you’re torn between what designs you’re looking for. If you’re looking for inspiration, check out our bathroom remodeling division, Re-Bath, and let us guide you on how you can have your dream home!