Not all plumbing issues can be solved with a plunger and a little elbow grease. At some point, you may need some help from a qualified professional to get the job done. Key word there is “professional.” Hiring an inexperienced plumber can result in additional and costly repairs down the road, not to mention unnecessary damage to your home. Be sure to choose someone who will do the job right the first time, for a reasonable cost, and one who will treat your home like it was their own.
That’s where we come in! The experts here at Patterson Plumbing & Heating possess all of the qualifications you need.
Here are some tips for hiring the right plumber:
- Licensing – In Colorado, as in most states, a license is needed to practice plumbing professionally. If your plumber does not have a license, it’s time to look elsewhere.
- Insurance – Plumbers should be insured, thus protecting your home and the plumber in case of any mishaps
- Experience – The longer a plumber has been in business, the more reliable the services are. Lengthy experience means a robust list of references/recommendations that will prove to be valuable in your decision process.
- References – Plumbers in business for years can provide references. If they choose not to – this is a red flag and you should look elsewhere. Talking with past customers is one of the best ways to accurately assess the quality of the plumber’s work.
- Pricing – Plumbers should be able to accurately appraise the issue and quote a price before beginning any operations. Not sure of appropriate costs? Seek other estimates for a ballpark answer. If the quote seems to be very low, be cautious. This could mean the plumber is cutting costs by using inferior parts.
- Warranty – Quality plumbers will guarantee their work, including the parts used, offering you security and reliability on repairs. Here at Patterson Plumbing & Heating, we guarantee our parts and labor on most repairs for at least one year (some exclusions apply, but many repairs have longer guarantees!)
We’ve been in business since 1984 and pride ourself on our customer service. We know you and your home deserve to be treated with respect and to have work completed by highly trained, licensed, knowledgable, and professional technicians. We provide up front pricing before any work begins and can provide a long list of references. Connect with us on Facebook or call us today! 719-544-4922