Summer is ‘home buying’ season and many homeowners unfortunately find out too late that the home of their dreams is full of issues due to a poor plumbing system. So before purchasing your new home, we encourage you to visually inspect what may be happening behind the scenes with these helpful tips:
- Check the base of the toilet for signs of water damage
- Test the toilet, see how fast it flushes
- Turn on the water in the bathtub and kitchen sink – if there is a noticeable reduction in water volume, there may be calcium and mineral deposits restricting water flow
- How old is the water heater? The first 4 digits of the serial number are the month and year, anything older than 15 years old is a candidate to be replaced
- See a rusty water tank? This can be a sign of future problems
- Check washing machine hoses for rupture and test the valves for leaks by turning them on and off
If you’ve already purchased your new home, don’t worry – give one of our experts here at Patterson Plumbing & Heating a call: 719-544-4922. A specialist will come by, diagnose the problem, make recommendations and prepare pricing by the job – not the hour – so there are no surprises.