Whether it is to add resale value to a home or for personal preference, bathrooms are one of the most frequently renovated areas in the home. If you don’t have the budget for your dream remodel (which most of us don’t), we have good news: you can still achieve a new look for an affordable price.
Here is a list of small changes that can make a big difference in your bathroom:
- Shower head. A new shower head isn’t just for looks; it can change your entire bathing experience.
- Cabinetry hardware. Upgrading the hardware (nuts, bolts, handles, etc.) in your drawers and cabinets will make them look better and last longer.
- Shower door. Still using a shower curtain? Upgrade to a glass door – they are more aesthetic and carry less bacteria.
- Sink faucet. Perhaps the most used part of the bathroom, sometimes a new sink faucet is all it takes to vamp up your vanity.
- Bath mats and towels. These are cheap, easily interchangeable, and can alter the entire look of your bathroom.
- Paint the walls. Repainting the walls in your bathroom is a DIY job, making it super affordable.
- Stain the cabinets. A fresh new stain is a surefire way to revive your old, dated cabinetry.
- Polish your tiles. Have your tiles really faded, or are they just covered in a coat of dust and dirt? Give them a good polish and see what they look like after.
- Replace your caulk. Brand new caulk will make your bathroom pop, and it can limit water damage and mold problems.
- Add an exhaust fan. This behind-the-scenes upgrade can remove unpleasant odors and help prevent excess moisture, which leads to mold.
- Upgrade your lighting. Is your bathroom really as unattractive as you think it is, or is it just poor lighting? Many times, it’s the latter.
If you have made all of these changes and still aren’t satisfied, it might be time to contact a professional bathroom remodeling contractor.
Colorado residents can trust ReBath of Pueblo with all of their bathroom remodeling needs. As Patterson Plumbing’s reliable bathroom remodeling division, you can count on us to turn the bathroom of your dreams into a reality. If you live in Pueblo County, give us a call at (719) 404-4242 to schedule your free consultation.