Each year, the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America declares May to be National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month – and for good reason. With the excess of pollen and mold, this pre-summer month is peak season for asthma and allergy sufferers.
But not to worry! While you may not be able to prevent what’s happening outdoors, there are some things you can do to reduce and combat allergens in the home:
- Clean! Give your home a thorough cleaning, including regular dusting and vacuuming. You may also want to have your carpets cleaned periodically and area rugs laundered weekly.
- Replace filters! Clean and replace all filters for your AC or bathroom fan regularly.
- Limit the clutter! Keep dust mites at bay by keeping surfaces in the home clean and uncluttered.
- Close doors! Prevent entry of pollen into the home by keeping doors and windows closed.
- Reduce moisture! Install a dehumidifier to reduce moisture around the bathroom, kitchen, or other water ares of the home. These work well in reducing both mold and dust mites.
As you prep your home to be allergen free, why not give us a call for annual air conditioning tune-up! We’re the Pueblo, Colorado area heating and air conditioning tune-up specialists, offering upfront pricing and clean and courteous technicians. Call and make an appointment that’s convenient for you today! 719-544-4922.