Did you know October is Energy Action Month? Help your household get involved, see below for some minor changes that you can make to help improve comfort, the environment, while also lowering your utility costs:
- Schedule furnace maintenance with us! Since heating alone can account for half of a winter energy bill – you want to make sure it is in its proper, working condition.
- Review ways to save on your water bills – from fixing leaks to updating appliances and changing water use habits. Learn more on our recent blog »
- Clean or replace filters in your furnace, air conditioner, and heat pump.
- Turn off and unplug appliances when not in use. Shut off lights in unoccupied areas (or install a timer) and unplug any equipment that still drains energy if left plugged in (ex: coffee makers, phone chargers, printers, etc).
- Take advantage of natural light to heat your home! Open south-facing window curtains during the day to allow sunlight to heat your home. Close them up at night to reduce potential chill.
- Insulate heating ducts in attics or crawlspaces – keeping them in good repair can prevent heat loss of up to 60 percent.
- If you need to replace any systems, opt for ENERGY STAR labeled products which can cut energy bills by up to 30 percent.
For additional energy saving tips for the home, office, and facility – please visit Energy.gov. Remember, individual choices add up – help in getting others to use energy efficiently to better our environment and our energy future.
At Patterson Plumbing & Heating our plumbers, drain cleaning techs and home heating and air conditioning professionals can repair any problem with your home’s plumbing, furnace, boiler or air conditioning. Give us a call today at 719-544-4922.