As you know temperatures have been fluctuating quite a bit this week, from the 30s to the forecasted 60s later on. While we still have chilly nights on the horizon, it’s important to keep warm – but to do so while also knowing how to protect your home against potential heating system accidents.
In fact, the month of February is reported to be among the top three months where the most home heating equipment fires occur. Thankfully, with the below proper safety precautions, you can keep your home and family perfectly safe and warm until springtime:
- Anything that can burn, keep at least three feet away from furnaces, fireplaces, wood stoves and portable space heaters.
- Have one of our expert technicians at Patterson Plumbing & Heating install space heating equipment, water heaters or central heating equipment to your home.
- Schedule an annual inspection every year with one of our trained experts.
- Don’t forget to turn off any portable heaters when leaving or going to bed.
- Install and maintain carbon monoxide (CO) alarms to avoid the risk of CO poisoning, and be sure to test smoke alarms at least once a month to avoid any problems.
Keep your home warm and safe by properly taking care of your heating system and the surrounding space. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an inspection, don’t hesitate to give us a call today at 719-544-4922!