In just a few days we’ll be heading into 2016 and you know what that means. Another year gone by, another set of resolutions to make – or break. In fact, did you know that according to a University of Scranton study, only 8% of people are actually successful in achieving their resolution?
Although this may only be a small fraction of people, the good news is that there are plenty of resolutions that are easy to follow through. Which ones, you ask? Anything that has to do with your plumbing! Here are 5 that we suggest for you:
- Treat your garbage disposal well. By now you should know what you should and shouldn’t put down the disposal. Make a conscious effort in the New Year to follow those rules as well as handle regular garbage disposal maintenance.
- Similar to the above, remember that your toilet isn’t a trash can! Flushable wipes, medicine, grease, and cat litter are just some things that can contribute to plumbing problems. Read more here »
- Your water heater is in need of some TLC. Your home’s water heater requires regular maintenance for optimal efficiency. So use this as the time to do so! This is also the perfect time to give us a call for professional tune up.
- Get your pipes bundled for winter. No one wants a burst pipe in the middle of winter. So before the cold really sets in, make sure any exposed pipe is properly insulated.
- Cut back on energy use. From scaling back to daily water use, to simply remembering to unplug appliances – simple adjustments can go a long way in savings. Consider upgrading to ENERGY STAR labeled fixtures and make a promise to fix small plumbing problems (like slow leaks) FAST!
Take better care of your home in the New Year – and if you think you spot an issue, give us a call! Our team has helped Pueblo homes since the fall of 1984 and know that you and your home deserve to be treated with respect. Give us a call today for fast service: 719.544.4922
Wishing all of our customers a very Happy and Healthy New Year!