January is National Bath Safety Month, a perfect time to assess your current bathroom situation and ensure the proper precautions are taken to prevent slips and falls. Bath safety is not only important to keep in mind for kids, but our senior citizens as well. Here are a few tips to help make your bathroom safer for everyone in your family:
- Install non-slip strips or mats in your bathtub or replace old ones that seem to be losing their effectiveness.
- Affix grab bars or safety handles to assist when stepping in and out of the shower/tub
- Keep a non-slip rug or mat on the floor at the entry of the shower/tub
- Keep your bathroom well-lit and cleared to prevent losing your footing
- Beware of sharp edges! Use a rubber cover for the faucet heads and keep towels covering metal rails.
- In case of emergencies, consider keeping a portable phone in your bathroom
Now may be the time to upgrade yourself to a walk-in shower. Stepping into and out of a bathtub presents an increased risk of falling, walk-in showers skip this problem all together! If this is something that sparks your interest, give us a call! Our bathroom remodeling division, Re-Bath® of Pueblo, will work with you to ensure your bathroom meets all of your safety needs so that you can enjoy your daily activities with peace of mind.