Human Resources Job Available
Human Resources Assistant/Payroll Clerk
You’re the best at helping others get the most of their benefits. You want to join a team that appreciates you, where you can create your own opportunities.
A Human Resources Assistant/Payroll Clerk position has opened up with a company that is looking for an experienced and motivated candidate to join their growing team long-term.
Patterson Plumbing & Heating currently has a full-time opening for a Payroll/HR Clerk and Assistant bookkeeper.
Who We Are
Patterson Plumbing & Heating, Inc is growing because we only hire the best, and our customers love us for it.
What you will come to appreciate what it’s like to be a part of a team like this. How much you feel appreciated when you don’t cut corners. How much we inspire ongoing training and education. How much you can earn when you truly are the best. People often come to us looking for a job. They stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow, and opportunities to excel.
What you’ll be doing
Follows established payroll and HR procedures to efficiently and accurately account for all payroll, benefits, and other HR programs. Perform payroll data entry, including maintenance of employee records, time entry and miscellaneous deductions, etc., on our online payroll service.
What else you’ll be doing
- Shape company culture by carrying out agreed upon values, specifically ethics and integrity.
- Assist with bookkeeping duties as assigned. Entry of Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivable using Quickbooks system.
- Assist in answering the phone and booking calls; work with marketing to ensure phone call statistics are accurate
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Approachable and appropriate behavior when interacting with personnel at all levels in a quickly changing environment.
- Highly organized and process driven with exceptional follow-through abilities. Thorough attention to detail with on time delivery.
- Empathetic & confident: able to help customers & employees in stressful situations
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team with flexibility and willingness to learn and to take initiative on variety of tasks and projects
- Assist with the day-to-day accounting functions of the company in accordance with current acceptable accounting principles
- Verify and process invoices in a timely manner
- Monitor and collect accounts receivables.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of two years’ experience payroll processing.
- Experience in administering HR programs (benefits, staffing, on-boarding, training, etc.)
- Understanding of general payroll regulations and basic accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook or equivalent. Prior use of Quickbooks.
Must pass a drug screen and background check.
Benefits of working with Patterson Plumbing & Heating, Inc
- Medical Insurance — we pay 90% for you and your family’s insurance premiums for health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- New technology including iPad & access to integrated software.
- A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team, and expect you to bring that same caring when you join.
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer