Did you know, about one third of all injuries occur in the home and that some of the most common ones are entirely preventable? From slips and falls to toxins and burns, it’s important to take preventative measures to ensure your home is safe.
In honor of June being National Safety Month – we want to encourage you run a safety check on your plumbing, heating, and cooling systems to avoid any unnecessary situations:
Slips and Falls
- Install grab bars and non-slip mats in your tub or shower. Use a bathmat with a nonskid bottom and clean up any water that gets on the floor right away.
- Remove any and all clutter from stairs and include nightlights in hallways, bathrooms, and bedrooms.
- Make sure smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are unobstructed and that their batteries are fully charged and working properly.
- Mold can be a serious health issue, so be sure to check for leaks often. Leaks can develop throughout the home and should be addressed immediately to avoid serious water damage and mold growth.
- Prevent scalds or burns by simply lowering the temperature of your water heater. Not only will this decrease your accident risk – but you will be saving money on your electric bill as well!
For over 25 years, Patterson Plumbing has been Pueblo, Colorado’s go to company for plumbing, heating, cooling, water treatment, and remodeling needs. Give one of our expert technicians a call today: 719-544-4922. Don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more updates and industry news.