Join us in celebrating Energy Action Month, a time we should work together to achieve greater energy security, a more robust economy, and a healthier environment for our children. Not sure how to participate? We’ve provided a list below of some things you can take care of within your own home – TODAY!
- Keep your water heater at 120 degrees Fahrenheit
- Your furnace or heat pump should receive yearly maintenance – give us a call before the winter season kicks in full swing
- Turn off lights in unoccupied rooms and look to replace your normal light bulbs with compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) to save ¾ of electricity used
- Much like turning off lights when a run isn’t occupied – unplug appliances when not in use (chargers, coffee makers, printers, etc.)
- Install a programmable, ENERGY STAR labeled thermostat to adjust temperatures according to your daily schedule
- In the colder months, open curtains on your south facing windows during the day to let sunlight naturally heat your home (remember to close them at night to avoid chill from cold windows!)
These minor changes can promote energy efficiency to help the environment, improve your comfort, and keep cash in your wallet.
At Patterson Plumbing & Heating our plumbers, drain cleaning techs and home heating and air conditioning professionals can repair any problem with your home’s plumbing, furnace, boiler or air conditioning. Give us a call today at 719-544-4922.