Happy Earth Day! Looking for ways to get started on the road to reducing your environmental impact? We’ve got you covered. Here are some quick and easy tips for greening your home:
- Switch at least one appliance to an energy efficient model, such as one with an Energy Star label.
- Wash laundry in cold water instead of hot.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room and try to utilize natural light from the windows for as long as you can.
- Adjust the temperature on your hot water heater to a lower temperature.
- Fix leaks! As we’ve said time and time again, leaks can account for gallons of water wasted daily.
- Repurpose old towels and t-shirts as rags to clean your kitchen or car.
If you come across some problems while greening your home, give one of our experts at Patterson Plumbing & Heating a call! A specialist will come by, diagnose the plumbing problem, make recommendations and prepare pricing by the job – not the hour – so there are no surprises. Give us a call at 719-544-4922!