On March 11th, every year, everywhere, the World Plumbing Council celebrates the important role plumbing plays in the health and safety of the modern world. All too often, we take having clean, convenient water for granted. The plumbing industry works hard to ensure all systems operate as intended. After all, plumbing is vital to global health.
In honor of today, we want to help by providing some water saving tips you can apply right now in your own home:
- Using a broom instead of a garden hose to clean your driveway will save 13 gallons every minute you clean!
- Checking for leaks and fixing them the moment you spot them can prevent a large amount of water waste.
- Using a hose nozzle while washing your car will save you up to 100 gallons every time.
- Upgrading to water-efficient toilets, faucets, and shower heads can help reduce your overall water use.
- Conserve water by washing laundry and running the dishwasher only when you have full loads.
For more tips on how to celebrate World Plumbing Day head over to WPC’s website. If you have any questions about your home’s plumbing, feel free to give the experts at Patterson Plumbing & Heating a call! Our technicians provide the highest level of service and technical excellence: 719-544-4922. Don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more updates and industry news.