The worst thing that could happen in the midst of summer is having your AC blow out and stop working. Generally, air conditioners should last for 15 or more years if cared for properly.
Here are 5 tips to help maintain the life span of your AC.
Hiring a highly rated technician for service
- This should happen once a year
- Give a Patterson Plumbing & Heating technician a call to clean the outdoor condenser coils
- It is important to check the blower and motor, return and supply lines and refrigerant levels
Changing the Filter
- Change the units filter at least 4 times a year
- A dirty filter restricts the air flow
- Changing a dirty filter can lower a unit’s energy consumption by 5 to 15 percent
Avoid constant temperature changes
- This creates highs and lows where the system has to work harder to drop the temperature during the lows
- Keep a small range of temperature settings and keep it consistent
Conduct an Energy Audit
- Ensure your home is sufficiently insulated and that your A/C is properly sized for your home
Avoid ice buildup on AC
- A unit that is too small to cool a large space can cause this
- Turn off the unit immediately to allow it to cool down
- Call your trusted Patterson Plumbing & Heating technician to see what’s causing the problem to avoid further damage
We’re the Pueblo, Colorado area heating and air conditioning tune-up specialists, offering upfront pricing and clean and courteous technicians.
Call and make an appointment that’s convenient for you today! 719-544-4922.