Has your bathroom seen better days? Outdated tile floors, worn out bathtubs, and peeling wall paint are just some of the problems that arise in aging bathrooms. If you foresee a remodeling project in your not-so-distant future, make sure to do these five things before putting a sledgehammer through your drywall.
- Decide what needs renovation – Not all bathroom remodels are created equal. Some remodeling projects could only require a new paint-job and shower head, while others need to be gutted and built from the ground up. Deciding which fixtures need upgrading is the first step to a successful remodel.
- Set a budget – Setting a budget is an important step in any home improvement project. After determining exactly how much work needs to be done, you can begin to develop a realistic budget.
- Measure, remeasure, and measure again – Few things can set a bathroom renovation back quicker than improper measurements. Measure how big your bathroom is, as well as your current tub, toilet, and sink. When shopping for new fixtures, always account for their physical dimensions and consider if they will fit comfortably in your bathroom.
- Draft your new bathroom – This is where your dream begins to come to life. Whether by hand or using a computer program, lay out the floorplan for your new bathroom. This will give you a feel for the look and flow of your new bathroom, and if you don’t like something, it’s easier to change it now than it will be in the future.
- Contact a professional – Even if you plan on renovating the bathroom yourself, it is always a good idea to consult a professional plumber or bathroom remodeling specialist before starting a project. They can help ensure that the renovation is completed correctly, safely, and efficiently, plus they could warn you of potential problems you could run in to with your plumbing system.
If you are planning a bathroom remodel for your Colorado home, contact Patterson Plumbing first. Our certified professionals will be there for you through every step of the process; from idea conception to the finished project. Our bathroom remodeling division, ReBath of Pueblo, is a one-stop shop for all of your remodeling needs. For more information about Patterson Plumbing, call us at 719-544-4922 or connect with us on Facebook.