While we recommend leaving the serious plumbing repairs to us – it doesn’t hurt to be prepared! Sometimes, smaller problems – like a clogged sink or dripping faucet – can be fixed fairly quickly, provided you have the right tools for the job.
See below for some tools to help cover the basics: like changing a faucet or shower head, and unclogging a drain »
- Plunger – Whether you have a clogged sink, tub, toilet, or floor drain, plungers certainly come in handy. Just make sure you have the right one for the job.
- Tongue-and-Groove Pliers – Easy to grab, pull, twist, hold, tighten, and loosen anything! Not only useful for plumbing, but your home in general!
- Adjustable Wrench – Another invaluable tool for the home, but in terms of plumbing parts it’s ideal for working on compression fittings, supply lines, or anything with hex-shaped nuts.
- Pipe Wrench – Larger and heavier than your average wrench, this tool helps tighten and loosen pipe connections – like the ones under your sink. You’ll need two – one to grip and hold and another for turning.
- Basin Wrench – Also considered a sink wrench, this wrench helps you work in all those hard-to-reach spaces. The tool’s long shaft and swiveling jaw help you access the narrow space behind a sink and lock onto the nuts that secure faucets to the supply lines.
Any other tools you thing are necessary? Let us know on our Facebook page!
Remember, if there are any plumbing problems you encounter – you can trust the experts here at Patterson Plumbing & Heating to help. Our team has helped Pueblo homes since the fall of 1984 and know that you and your home deserve to be treated with respect. Give us a call today for fast service: 719.544.4922